My parents bought Wes and I a grill as a belated wedding gift and brought it to us last weekend. We are SO excited about it! Needless to say, we have grilled our dinner every single night since we got it. Well, while I was browsing Pinterest the other day, I stumbled across this little gem! Balsamic-mango marinated chicken! Oh my goodness do mangoes and chicken go well together! It was so good that I just had to share it with you guys. Well here you go:
Balsamic-Mango Grilled Chicken
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup 100% mango juice or mango nectar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
- Measure and pour mango juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper into a Ziploc baggie. Add chicken to baggie and zip closed, then move the chicken around within the baggie to make sure the marinade gets mixed well and that the chicken gets coated with the marinade. Place baggie in refrigerator for at least an hour, the longer the better.
- Heat up your grill and begin getting all of your side dishes together. We used mushrooms and asparagus with our chicken. Both were cooked in tinfoil on the grill with a little balsamic/olive oil and some seasonings.
- Once your grill is heated, remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill. How long you cook it will depend on how high your heat is and what type of grill you have. Make sure that your chicken is cooked thoroughly, as undercooked chicken can lead to some nasty diseases you don’t want!
- While the chicken is cooking I cut up the mango to serve on top. I will be honest, I have NO idea how to cut a mango. I have tried about 50 ways and none of them worked well. If you have any suggestions for cutting mangoes, please leave them in the comments below!
- Once your chicken is done being cooked, remove from the grill, place chopped mango on top and enjoy!
Hope y’all are getting a little bit of last minute grill time in as well before the summer is officially over!
Until next time…