It is almost October, and in most places fall is in full swing. Well, not in Texas. Don’t get me wrong, it has been chilly a few mornings, and the temperature has gone down drastically over the past week. We are no longer in the 100’s……but we are staying steady in the high 80’s low 90’s. It is beautiful and I love it. There is absolutely no way I would go back to the freezing days for 5 months straight, or the constantly gloomy clouds, no sir! Though, I have to say, other than the obvious (my family and friends and those beautiful lakes) there is only one other thing I really miss about Michigan…Fall. Everyone up north is Instagraming pictures of fall leaves and cider mill trips and I’ll just come right out and say it, I’m jealous! We do eventually get fall her in Texas….it comes around December and lasts for about 2 weeks (which is perfect). Now, I know when we have our fall I will be SO grateful that I am not in 2 feet of snow, but my favorite holiday is coming soon and I want fall now. It can go back to 80 right after Halloween:) Too bad that’s not how it works….
Reasons I Miss Fall:
1. The cider mills. If you have never been to one, you need to go. If you think that you can get good cider at the grocery store, then you are sadly mistaken. Cider mill cider and donuts are the best, no one can ever convince me otherwise.
2. That fall smell in the air. We have this, but it’s only in the mornings when the temperature is low enough. I’m not really sure how to even explain this one, it’s just the smell of fall and it is wonderful! Thankfully, I have Sophie and she needs to go on a walk each morning, otherwise I wouldn’t get to experience this 10 minute whiff of fresh fall air.
3. The actual need to wear fall clothes. Not feeling as though you are going to sweat to death when you do wear fall clothes would be great. I leave the house in the brisk morning all ready for fall, and by the time I leave it is 85 degrees and I am swimming in a pool of sweat in my boots. Yuck.
4. For some reason pumpkin spice/flavored anything just tastes better when the weather is chilly. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin everything! It is absolutely everywhere and it just doesn’t feel right to me. <sigh>
5. Leaves changing. They change here in Texas….they just wait until we get our only hard freeze, in January. I guess I’m just impatient.
Things I don’t miss about fall
1. Those frigid days where you think, ummmm why is it winter already, it’s only October? I do not miss these days. I love 80 degrees and sunny. As much as we Texans complain about the heat, we wouldn’t trade it for snow any day. You don’t have to shovel heat.
2. The fact that it means winter is coming. Winter is my worst enemy. That is all.
3. Knowing that it won’t be nice again until April…maybe even May. I remember those days in April where you are just praying that it will reach 50 degrees…I don’t miss those days.
Well, I guess it’s a good thing our trip to NYC is in the fall…I get to have a mini fall this year! Hope everyone has a great weekend! I will be back next week, ready to show you all about my trip!
Until next time…