I went through about 24 years of life having never really worn a scarf for anything other than the good old purpose of staying warm. 2012 comes around…and so does good old Charming Charlie…now a year later I have a HUGE collection of scarves, and an obsession just as big:) I never realized exactly what I was missing out on. I had no idea that just a little old scarf could make your entire outfit come alive! Now that I have this ever growing collection of scarves, I have found some pretty cool ways to tie them. See below for directions on how to tie each of these masterpieces!
2. The Double Wrapped Infinity- Tie a knot in hour scarf near the end. Then wrap the scarf around your head again for the doubled over effect.
3. The Kerchief– Grab scarf by opposite corners instead of the ends, place scarf on backwards and then pull the ends back around to the front. By using the corners instead of the flat edges, you get a more full look.
5. The Belted Scarf– Put your scarf around your neck. Spread it out a little across your chest area. Put a belt around your waits/over the scarf. Ta da!
7. Seeing Double– Take two scarves and twist them together, then fold them in half to form a loop. Pull the opposite end of the scarf into that loop.
8. The Bow– I find it easiest to do this one when it is not on me already. I usually loop is around something like my bed post and just tie a bow. Easy as that.
10. Twisty Loop– Twist your scarf until it starts to twirl around itself. Then do the loop. (#9)
If you have any questions about how to tie any of these scarves leave me a comment and I will try to explain as best I can. It’s hard to communicate scarf tying…haha!
Do you know of any other awesome ways to tie a scarf?
PS: Don’t forget to go here and enter to win $200 in our giveaway!